Register your interest by completing and returning ‘Peer Leader Information Session Registration Form’
Key Selection Criteria
Please address the following selection criteria in your own words and attach to your application:
- Address ALL of the ‘essential’ criteria
- Choose three of the ‘desirable’ criteria and address them
Hint: You do not have to address all of the ‘desirable’ criteria – see above.
Hint: The ‘Key Selection Criteria’ are a list of desired skills, experiences and attributes required to perform a certain job. We have divided ours into 2 categories – a list of skills, experiences and attributes that we require, and a list of skills, experiences and attributes that would be helpful to the position.
Hint: By “address the following selection criteria” we mean: write a brief paragraph about each criteria to demonstrate that you have this skill, experience or attribute.
Hint: You can demonstrate your experience by giving us examples i.e. playing sport, being in a band, something that happened at school, or in a workplace.
- Connection to Carlton/Parkville (live, work, study, play)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ideas about youth issues in your local area
- Demonstrated involvement in the community
- Creative thinking
- Interest in social justice
- Interest in working with people from diverse communities
- Interest in young people having a voice in their local community
- Demonstrated ability to engage with young people
- Administration skills
- Organisation skills
- Information technology skills
- Knowledge of cultural diversity
- Knowledge of diverse sexualities and genders
- Volunteer experience (with thedrum Youth Service and/or other)