Applications are open only for Richmond applicants
Applications close: end of October
Key Selection Criteria
Please address the following selection criteria in your own words and attach to your application:
- Address ALL of the ‘essential’ criteria
- Choose three of the ‘desirable’ criteria and address them
Hint: You do not have to address all of the ‘desirable’ criteria – see above.
Hint: The ‘Key Selection Criteria’ are a list of desired skills, experiences and attributes required to perform a certain job. We have divided ours into 2 categories – a list of skills, experiences and attributes that we require, and a list of skills, experiences and attributes that would be helpful to the position.
Hint: By “address the following selection criteria” we mean: write a brief paragraph about each criterion to demonstrate that you have this skill, experience or attribute.
Hint: You can demonstrate your experience by giving us examples i.e. playing sport, being in a band, something that happened at school, or in a workplace.
- Connection to Carlton, North Melbourne, Collingwood, Kensington and Richmond (live, work, study, play)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ideas about youth issues in your local area
- Demonstrated involvement in the community
- Creative thinking
- Interest in social justice
- Interest in working with people from diverse communities
- Interest in young people having a voice in their local community
- Demonstrated ability to engage with young people
- Administration skills
- Organisation skills
- Information technology skills
- Knowledge of cultural diversity
- Knowledge of diverse sexualities and genders
- Volunteer experience (with thedrum Youth Service and/or other)