the drum loves to host work experience and student placements. We see this as a great opportunity to provide young people with positive experiences that enable them to navigate employment and career pathways. We take work experience, VCAL, TAFE, undergraduate and postgraduate students.
As part of our commitment to building the communities we work in, we prioritise providing these opportunities to young people who live, work or have a strong connection to Carlton and Parkville and/or who are of:
- Diverse cultural, ‘racial’, ethnic and religious backgrounds
- Refugee and humanitarian entrant background
- International students
- Identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex (LGBTQI+)
- Public housing residents
Hit us up, put in an application!
Thank you for your interest in doing a placement with the drum youth services
All placement applications are reviewed with consideration of current opportunities, our capacity and your supervision requirements. Your completed form will be held securely and confidentially.
Requirements of all students over 18
Please note that it is a legal requirement that all people (aged 18 and over) having contact with young people must provide the following documents prior to commencing a placement with us. It is the responsibility of the student to secure these prior to their placement commencing.
- Working with Children’s Check
- Police Check
Next steps, our process
- We will consider your application within a 14 days
- If we have capacity to accept student placements we will contact you for an interview
Student placement application form